Corrective Step Foot Health Center
Part/Full time Podiatric Medical Assistant needed for a busy private in Podiatry practice with focus on sports medicine, wound care and general podiatry. Specialist work experience is a plus. Office is high tech and familiarity and comfort with Mac computers and other Apple products is required.
The Medical Assistant primary focus is patient healthcare and maintenance; supporting the physician, office manager, and front desk.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for greeting patients, processing (entering in data accurately) all patient within our EMR system. Assisting the physicians with necessary procedures. You need to be flexible in your duties and what is required of you in order to complete the daily office tasks. Attention to detail is required, data entry is very important and is necessary in this position.
The medical assistant will provide patients with podiatric care as directed by the Podiatrist and perform routine administrative and clinical tasks. Must be able to work cooperatively and present self cleanly and professionally. You need to be self-motivated and able to remember what is expected of you. This is an opportunity to work in a progressive environment where your contributions will be appreciated. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This position is very customer-service oriented and requires that the individual possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in order to communicate pleasantly with patients, answer phones with articulateness, and collect payments with determination. No previous medical office experience required; we are looking for candidates with willingness to learn on the job. This position necessitates learning and adaptation. Individuals with experience will be considered with preference.
Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Interacting with patients (must be very polished in person and on the phone):
· Preparing patient charts
· Clean and prep exam rooms for the patients before the doctor returns to the room
· Basic Medical History taking & Health Screening
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds and possibly assist patient into the medical seat
· Make insurance calls and prior authorizations and referrals
· Scheduling appointments and surgeries
· Taking patient X-rays; instrument sterilization
· Enter data for electronic medical records
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Assistance to doctor during patient procedures
· Manage billing/collections questions with office manager; collecting and following up on patient payments
To be considered for this position, you must submit by email the following items:
2. Cover letter, which includes answers to the following questions:
· Certified Medical Assistant
· Current Podiatric X-Ray License LXMO Lower Extremities
· What about this position attracts you?
· How would your previous employers/co-workers describe you?
· What is it about yourself can you tell us makes you the perfect fit for this position at this small family owned practice?
· Why did you choose to study Medical Assistance?
· What is your experience in the field? How long? What duties did you have?
SUBMISSIONS PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]